The customers in the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense that ISS services have a big data challenge. The sheer volume of data being produced and ultimately consumed by large enterprise systems has grown exponentially in a short amount of time. Providing analysts the ability to interpret meaning, and act on time-critical information is a top priority for ISS.
In the Lucene/Solr Revolution session, “Shrinking the Haystack using Solr and OpenNLP,” Wes Caldwell, Chief Architect at ISS, will explore ISS’s journey into building a search and discovery system for their customers that combines Solr, OpenNLP, and other open source technologies to enable analysts to “Shrink the Haystack” into actionable information.
This intermediate level session will take place from 2:00-2:45 on Wednesday, November 6. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Wes Caldwell (@caldwellw) is Chief Architect at Intelligent Software Solutions, a leading software company operating primarily in the public sector and headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO. Wes is responsible for technical oversight of a variety of programs at ISS, including supporting the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Agencies. Wes has successfully led large scale implementations of mission-critical enterprise systems deployed into strategic and tactical environments. Prior to ISS, Wes held key technical positions at Kaman Sciences, General Dynamics, and a few software startups. His interests include service-oriented architectures, cloud computing, search, and big data analytics. Wes holds a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Arizona.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: email@example.com.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by LucidWorks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.