Fusion UX Technical Specialist
Location – Greater Los Angeles / San Francisco
We’re looking for a smart, passionate and hard working technical specialist to join our US team. Working directly with our customers, they will implement the next generation of search and discovery solutions across different client ecosystems and environments. Following the acquisition of Twigkit, Lucidworks has entered an exciting period of new opportunity with Fusion Server, Fusion AI and Fusion App Studio combining to let organizations use their data to help them make better business decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
What kind of clients? All sorts but tend to be at the top of their game. We work with clever organisations across all industries including technology, financial, media and manufacturing so you’ll have a varied (and often full) plate.
You’ll be involved in pre-sales and implementation activities with our customers, from initial meetings, analysing requirements, creating and owning projects to support and helping our customers expand and grow the Fusion UX products and services they use.
As client projects start to take shape, you will provide expertise on our products and will actively participate in the initial scoping activities.
You’ll achieve this by using various integration technologies. You’ll have a vision on combining data from different sources and providing end users with a unified view of all of it. This will involve passing unstructured and structured data through different, fit-for-purpose capabilities of data discovery, data visualisation, reporting and dashboards. If you’re a bit of a data nerd, this might just be your dream job.
You’ll also be expected to feed customer’s feedback back to the product and engineering team.
Required Experience and Skills
• Experienced (minimum 3 years) as a software developer, technical consultant, systems administrator or technical support specialist
• Educated to Bachelor’s level in computer science, IT, engineering or similar
• Consultative, insightful, detail oriented
• Well spoken and able to write thorough, readable communication
• A whizz at Java (or equivalent object oriented programming language) or OS scripting
• Experienced with or has a good appreciation of data modelling, infographics and visualisations
• A Permanent US Resident
It would also be a bonus if you were:
• Skilled in enterprise and/or open source search (Solr, Elasticsearch, Autonomy, Sinequa, Attivio…)
• Appreciative of UX principles and design
• Passionate and knowledgeable around best practices and methodologies in software development
If this position sounds like a fit, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org