Lucidworks is growing.
Grow with us.
Senior Java Developer (Server Side Engineer)
Lucidworks is the commercial company behind Apache/Lucene Solr, the world’s leading open source search platform. These cutting edge technologies power critical search apps at thousands of businesses worldwide both large and small – including Netflix, IBM, Twitter, LinkedIn, and dozens of other household names. Our team includes leading contributors and committers to the Lucene and Solr projects, as well as experts in enterprise search, distributed computing, and scalability.
Lucidworks is headquartered on 3rd Street in the South Park / SoMa neighborhood of San Francisco, three quick blocks from Caltrain.
To learn more about Lucidworks, visit http://www.lucidworks.com.
Basic Job Responsibilities
Lucidworks is looking for a talented software engineer with experience in Java to work on product features related to search, NLP, machine learning and more. Your role within the engineering team will design, implement, test and maintain our next-generation search platform, and contribute to other aspects of the product on an as-needed basis.
Things we seek:
- Extensive experience developing Java applications
- Proficient in analysis, design, and development of large-scale distributed applications
- Deep understanding of HTTP and REST principles
- Passion and willingness to learn new things
- Ability to produce high quality descriptions (written an verbal) of coverage, metrics, procedures, and results
- Good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to project and meet scheduled deadlines
- Self-driven, quick learner with attention to detail and quality
Bonus points for experience and/or sincere interest in:
- Search technologies, especially Solr (not just because we help make it; because it’s better)
- Practical machine learning and/or data science experience
- Other things we like: Spark, Kerberos, Clojure, Jersey, Guice, Governator, Jackson – and while we are at it: GitHub, Slack, and Agile Methodology
- Excitement at joining a growing startup
- BS or higher in a science, applied mathematics, computer science or engineering
Most of us spend a huge part of our lives at work. Working on interesting things with smart, awesome people makes this part of our life great. So here’s both who we are, and who we hope can join our team.
Mindset: Curious. Natural problem solver. Great listener and communicator. Trusted peer.
Startup Energy: Driven. Resourceful. Innovative. Passionate. Self-motivated.
Team Player: Friendly. Helpful. Engaging. Dependable. Company focused. Eager to collaborate.
Builds credibility based on reputation. Honest, hardworking and dependable. Believes people are awesome. Conveys confidence without attitude.
Location: San Francisco highly preferred. Raleigh, NC (RTP) as an alternative, although we will consider strong candidates in other locations (US only)
Travel: Very Minimal. We both host and attend the best Solr conference in the world (LuceneRevolution.org) and otherwise bring all our remote devs in twice a year for onsite meetings and hack weeks.
If this position sounds like a fit, please drop us a note – along with your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. No recruiters.