Senior Technical Support Engineer
San Francisco, CA (HQ)
- Establish yourself as a credible, reliable, likable, genuine, and trustworthy technical support engineer to your customers.
- Provide expert-level support services to a wide range of customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Resolve complex search issues in and around the Lucene/Solr ecosystem.
- Reproduce product issues and open bugs to work in collaboration with our engineering team to provide timely solutions to our customers.
- Document case solutions into knowledge base articles that are later available to our customer base in our knowledge center.
- Have a big effect on our support infrastructure.
- Identify opportunities to provide customers with additional value through follow-on products and/or services.
- Communicate high-value use cases and customer feedback to our Product Development and Engineering teams.
- Contribute to the open source community by donating needed bug fixes and improvements; answering message boards; documenting existing code; and blogging.
- Share our ‘on-call’ load with the rest of the technical support team.
- Be exposed to other technology areas besides search.
- 2 or more years of hands-on Lucene/Solr experience preferred or equivalent experience with other search technologies.
- BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience in a technical support role as a level 2-3 technical support engineer that is customer facing.
- Experience with technical support CRM systems (Salesforce, Zendesk etc.)
- Familiarity with common technical support processes.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers via different communications means (email, phone etc).
- Java knowledge a plus.
- Some experience with common scripting languages (Perl/Python/Ruby).
- Exposure to other related open source projects (Mahout, Hadoop, Tika, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with other commercial and open source search technologies a plus.
- Enterprise Search, eCommerce, and/or Business Intelligence experience a plus.
- Experience working in a startup a plus.
- Support Mindset: curious, natural problem solver, great listener, great communicator.
- Startup Energy: driven, resourceful, innovative, passionate, self-motivated.
- Team Player: friendly, helpful, engaging, dependable, company focused, eager to collaborate.
- Confidence without attitude.
If this position sounds like a fit, please apply with your resume and a cover letter, explaining why you’re the right person for the role: email@example.comPrincipals only. No recruiters