Senior UI Engineer
Lucidworks is the commercial company behind Apache/Lucene Solr, the world’s leading open source search platform. These cutting edge technologies power critical search apps at thousands of businesses worldwide both large and small – including Netflix, IBM, Twitter, LinkedIn, and dozens of other household names. Our team includes leading contributors and committers to the Lucene and Solr projects, as well as experts in enterprise search, distributed computing, and scalability.
Lucidworks is headquartered on 3rd Street in the South Park / SoMa neighborhood of San Francisco, three quick blocks from Caltrain.
To learn more about Lucidworks, visit http://www.lucidworks.com.
Basic Job Responsibilities
- Leverage your considerable experience by participating in overall architecture, design and development of Lucidworks’ killer next-generation search platform
- Work with Product Management and Operations to generate requirements, scope feature implementations and resolve production issues
Things We Seek
- Excellent visual awareness and attention to detail
- Experience with building large-scale applications in AngularJS
- 5+ years of technical experience in frontend development
- Proven ability to deliver against deadlines (we ship every six weeks!)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven, quick learner with attention to detail
- Passion and willingness to learn new things
Bonus points for experience and/or sincere interest in:
- CSS preprocessor knowledge and experience
- Proficient in analysis, design, and development of large-scale distributed applications
- Interested in mentoring and setting a great example for less senior team members
- Interested in data-driven applications, analytics and text processing
- Experience with Search such as Solr/Lucene
- Experience working with both local and remote teams
- Experience with high availability, scalability and performance optimization
Most of us spend a huge part of our lives at work. Working on interesting things with smart, awesome people makes this part of our life great. So here’s both who we are, and who we hope can join our team.
Mindset: Curious. Natural problem solver. Great listener and communicator. Trusted peer.
Startup Energy: Driven. Resourceful. Innovative. Passionate. Self-motivated.
Team Player: Friendly. Helpful. Engaging. Dependable. Company focused. Eager to collaborate.
Builds credibility based on reputation. Honest, hardworking and dependable. Believes people are awesome. Conveys confidence without attitude.
Location: San Francisco (SoMa / South Park)
Travel: Very Minimal. We both host and attend the best Solr conference in the world (LuceneRevolution.org) and otherwise bring all our remote devs in twice a year for onsite meetings and hack weeks.
If this position sounds like a fit, please apply with your resume and a cover letter, explaining why you’re the right person for the role: firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. No recruiters.