The Lucidworks consulting team specializes in understanding customers’ problems and requirements, and architecting and developing large scale, highly available, distributed systems for processing large volumes of data and queries. We operate at the cutting edge of search, where search is viewed as the fast, secured access layer to massive volumes of data (Big Data)—presenting users with contextual, personalized and relevant information and driving outstanding business value as a result.
A consultant position at Lucidworks is great for those who want to take their experience with Search in general, and Solr in particular, to a whole another level. Here you will work side by side with Solr committers and the people who built Lucidworks Fusion—the product that makes Solr better—and enable Fortune 500 companies execute on their large search build out and “replatforming” efforts. You will also gain leadership experience—we frequently play the role of team leads or subject matter experts during extended customer engagements.
- Providing expert-level Fusion and Solr consulting and development services to a wide range of our customers. Consulting work is usually a mixture of on-site and remote. The ability to travel is required.
- Observing and identifying customer pain points, priorities, requirements, and success criteria
- Studying, researching and resolving difficult issues involving Solr, Fusion and related technologies
- Creating reusable solutions, toolkits, recipes, etc., typically based on lessons learned or work done on customer engagements—contributing to Lucidworks’s consulting practice, product and services
- Writing blogs & articles, and representing the organization at meetups, conferences, etc. promoting yourself and the Lucidworks brand
- Communicating customer requirements and use cases to Product and Engineering
YOU ARE A GOOD FIT IF:
- You love working with customers and look forward to doing what it takes to make them successful
- You are passionate about, and have a working knowledge of, search and want to learn new things every single day
- You have experience with related open source technologies and complex distributed technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- You have experience taking complex enterprise applications into production
- You have operational experience with enterprise applications
- You know Java and some scripting languages
- You can think on your feet and solve difficult problems on site at a customer.
- Consulting Mindset: curious, natural problem solver, great listener, trusted advisor.
- Startup Energy: driven, resourceful, innovative, passionate, self-motivated.
- Team Player: friendly, helpful, engaging, dependable, company focused, eager to collaborate.
- Confidence without attitude.
If this position sounds like a fit, please apply with your resume and a cover letter, explaining why you’re the right person for the role: firstname.lastname@example.orgPrincipals only. No recruiters