Lucidworks is growing.
Grow with us.
Do you love Solr and want to contribute to the Apache Lucene/Solr project where your work is out in the open? Help customers understand Solr better and fix their problems, shape their search architecture or hold Meetups in your city promoting Solr!
You get to work with colleagues who understand the code deeply and maintain the project. Work remotely and collaborate with your distributed team.
- Resolve complex search issues in and around the Lucene/Solr ecosystem
- Contribute to the open source community by donating needed bug fixes and improvements; answering message boards; documenting existing code; and blogging
- Provide expert-level support services to a wide range of customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Reproduce product issues and open bugs to work in collaboration with our engineering team to provide timely solutions to our customers
- Document case solutions into knowledge base articles that are later available to our customer base in our knowledge center
- Communicate high-value use cases and customer feedback to our Product Development and Engineering teams
- Be exposed to other technology areas besides search
- BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- 2 or more years of hands-on Lucene/Solr experience preferred or equivalent experience with other search technologies
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers via different communications means (email, phone etc)
- Java knowledge a plus
- Some experience with common scripting languages (Perl/Python/Ruby)
- Exposure to other related open source projects (Mahout, Hadoop, Tika, etc.) a plus
- Experience with other commercial and open source search technologies a plus
- Enterprise Search, eCommerce, and/or Business Intelligence experience a plus
- Experience working in a startup a plus
- Experience with technical support CRM systems (Salesforce, Zendesk etc.) is a plus
- Familiarity with common technical support processes is a plus
- Startup Energy: driven, resourceful, innovative, passionate, self-motivated
- Support Mindset: curious, natural problem solver, great listener, great communicator
- Team Player: friendly, helpful, engaging, dependable, company focused, eager to collaborate
- Confidence without attitude
About the Company:
- LucidWorks is the commercial company behind Apache/Lucene Solr, the world’s leading open source search platform. These cutting edge technologies power critical search apps at thousands of businesses worldwide both large and small – including Netflix, IBM, Twitter, LinkedIn, and dozens of other household names. Our team includes leading contributors and committers to the Lucene and Solr projects, as well as experts in enterprise search, distributed computing, and scalability.
If this position sounds like a fit, please apply with your resume and a cover letter, explaining why you’re the right person for the role: email@example.comPrincipals only. No recruiters