Lucid Imagination presents Apache Lucene EuroCon Prague, Czech Republic May 20 & 21, 2010. Call for Participation: All submissions must be received by Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 12 Midnight CET/6 PM US EDT
The first European conference dedicated to Lucene and Solr is coming to Prague from May 18-21, 2010. Apache Lucene EuroCon is running on on not-for-profit basis, with net proceeds donated back to the Apache Software Foundation. The conference is sponsored by Lucid Imagination with additional support from community and other commercial co-sponsors.
About the Conference
This conference creates a new opportunity for the Apache Lucene/Solr community and marketplace, providing the chance to gather, learn and collaborate on the latest in Apache Lucene and Solr search technologies and what’s happening in the community and ecosystem. Two days of Lucene and Solr training offered May 18 & 19 are followed by two days packed with leading edge Lucene and Solr Open Source Search content and talks by search and open source thought leaders.
Call for Participation
We are soliciting 45-minute presentations for the conference, 20-21 May 2010 in Prague. The conference and all presentations will be in English.
Topics of interest include:
– Lucene and Solr in the Enterprise (case studies, implementation, return on investment, etc.)
– “How We Did It” Development Case Studies
– Spatial/Geo search
– Lucene and Solr in the Cloud
– Scalability and Performance Tuning
– Large Scale Search
– Real Time Search
– Data Integration/Data Management
– Tika, Nutch and Mahout
– Lucene Connectors Framework
– Faceting and Categorization
– Relevance in Practice
– Lucene & Solr for Mobile Applications
– Multi-language Support
– Indexing and Analysis Techniques
– Advanced Topics in Lucene & Solr Development
All accepted speakers will qualify for discounted conference admission. Financial assistance is available for speakers that qualify.
To submit a 45-minute presentation proposal, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following information in plain text:
1. Your full name, title, and organization
2. Contact information, including your address, email, phone number
3. The name of your proposed session (keep your title simple and relevant to the topic)
4. A 75-200 word overview of your presentation (in English); in addition to the topic, describe whether your presentation is intended as a tutorial, description of an implementation, an theoretical/academic discussion, etc.
5. A 100-200-word speaker bio that includes prior conference speaking or related experience (in English)
To be considered, proposals must be received by 12 Midnight CET Tuesday, 13 April 2010 (Tuesday 13 April 6 PM US Eastern time, 3 PM US Pacific Time).
Please email any questions regarding the conference to email@example.com. To be added to the conference mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your organization is interested in sponsorship opportunities, email
- 24 March 2010: Call For Participation Open
- 13 April 2010: Call For Participation Closes
- 16 April 2010: Speaker Acceptance/Rejection Notification
- 18-19 May 2010 Lucene and Solr Pre-conference Training Sessions
- 20-21 May 2010: Apache Lucene EuroCon
We look forward to seeing you in Prague!
Apache Lucene EuroCon Program Chair