Ahhh…. ApacheCon! It’s that time again, and in one of America’s finest cities (Portland, Oregon). Location and quality content, you can’t beat that. If you’re active in the “big data”, search, and cloud worlds, you owe it to yourself and your employer to get to ApacheCon later this month.
First let me highlight two related presentations immediately relevant to Solr users:
Interpreting what the user meant and what they ideally would like to find is tricky business. This talk will cover useful tips and tricks to better leverage and extend Solr’s analysis and query parsing capabilities to more richly parse and interpret user queries.
How to use the Synonym filter to build advanced semantic transformations in your search to add more capabilities for your user. Learn how to use synonyms with Dismax or EDismax generating a semantic relevancy while boosting the right documents in your search to make it work better.
Take a look at the schedule. There are many talks for you big data / cloud folks. Here’s a breakdown of them by track:
- Creating Pools of Virtual Machines (10s or 100s)
- Apache CloudStack’s Plugin Model: Balancing the Cathedral with a Bazaar
- Top 10 Network Issues in Apache CloudStack
- Advanced CloudStack Troubleshooting using Log Analysis
- Scalable Object Storage with Apache CloudStack and Apache Hadoop
- Getting to Know Apache CloudStack
- SSO and fine grained authorization in the cloud
- Hadoop and HBase on the Cloud: A Case Study on Performance and Isolation.
- DevCloud: A CloudStack SandBox
- Powering CloudStack with Ceph RBD
- Software Defined Networking in Apache CloudStack
- Firefox Crash Analysis
- Solr Query Parsing
- Planning and Deploying Apache Flume
- Near-Realtime Processing over HBase
- 7 Deadly Hadoop Misconfigurations
- Mastering Sqoop for Data Transfer for Big Data
- Taking the guesswork out of your Hadoop Infrastructure
- Lessons in Apache Software integration
- Best Practices for CouchDB Developers on Windows Azure
- Synonyms and Relevancy Strategies
- Building distributed systems using Helix
- Innovative foundation for an open source API management platform