Are your search results cutting it? The daunting diversity and rapid growth in information that search applications must slice through puts constant pressure on the quality of search results. There are many individual approaches that help ensure users can find actionable information quickly — and the best bet is attacking the problem from more than one direction.
Now, Smartlogic, makers of Semaphore, have partnered with Lucid Imagination, the commercial company for Apache Lucene/Solr, to cut through chaos for better findability. Lucid Imagination helps you harness the power of Lucene/Solr search and the compelling economics of open source. Smartlogic Semaphore adds a layer of findability on top of native Lucene/Solr’s search, along with a rich set of APIs, enhancing content metadata using automated classification for dramatically better search results and improved navigation. Together, they deliver a semantic search experience that provides a flexible, scalable alternative for enterprise search.
Join Smartlogic’s Toby Conrad and Lucid Imagination’s Eran Yaniv for a detailed debrief on how combining Semaphore with Lucene/Solr turns a good search engine into the platform for compelling, intuitive search applications:
- Lucene/Solr search foundations and semantic extension for ontology and classification
- Understanding the Semaphore/Solr integration
- Using metadata to drive faceted search and intuitive, dynamic content navigation
- Providing intelligent links and recommendations between topics
- Using topic pages to drive more traffic to your site and to keep people for longer