Building real-time notification systems is often limited to basic filtering and pattern matching against incoming records. Allowing users to query incoming documents using Solr’s full range of capabilities is much more powerful.
This session at Lucene/Solr Revolution will be presented by Joshua Conlin, Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton. In their environment, they needed a way to allow for tens of thousands of such query subscriptions, meaning they needed to find a way to distribute the query processing in the cloud. By creating in-memory Lucene indices from their Solr configuration, they were able to parallelize their queries across their cluster.
To achieve this distribution, they wrapped the processing in a Storm topology to provide a flexible way to scale and manage their infrastructure. This presentation will describe their experiences creating this distributed, real-time inverted search notification framework.
This intermediate level session will take place from 11:05-11:50 on Wednesday, November 6. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Joshua Conlin is an Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton where he works on cloud application development specializing in search and data security. Josh has 10 years of experience developing enterprise web applications, data warehouses, and advanced cloud analytics.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.
Contact us today to learn how Lucidworks can help your team create powerful search and discovery applications for your customers and employees.