This year’s conference, which takes place at the San Francisco Hyatt 25-26 May 2011, is the only U.S. conference Dedicated to business-critical use of Solr/Lucene Open Source search technologies. Building on a sold out Lucene Revolution 2010, the conference brings together thought leaders search and application developers in an unmatched forum on the state of the art and market for search.
Registration for the event opens today, for both the two-day conference, as well as packages including two days of training preceding the conference with classes on Lucene, Solr, and Lucidworks Enterprise. As a special bonus, the first 100 conference registrants will each get a ticket and transportation to see the World Series champion San Francisco Giants on May 24.
Building on the success of the 2010 conference, Lucene Revolution 2011 will focus on the disruptive changes taking place as a result of the power and economics of Solr/Lucene. Last year, more than 300 attendees witnessed nearly 50 speakers from organizations like Cisco, IBM, IDC, LinkedIn, Salesforce.com, the Smithsonian Institution, and Twitter share best practices and case studies related to the rise of open source search as a disruptive force for innovation and collaboration.
Speakers have begun submitting talks, and we welcome additional proposals here. Topics of interest include:
- Solr/Lucene in the enterprise (case studies, implementation, return on investment, etc.)
- “How We Did It” (development case studies)
- Lucidworks Enterprise/Solr/Lucene technology deep dives (features, how to use, etc.)
- Spatial/geo/local search
- Solr/Lucene in the cloud
- Scalability and performance tuning
- Large-scale search with Lucidworks Enterprise/Solr
- Real-time search (or NRT search)
- Data integration/data management
- Solr/Lucene for mobile applications
- Use of Lucidworks Enterprise
- Associated technologies (Mahout, Nutch, NLP, etc.)
Join the revolution! Submit your proposed talk, and/or sign up today! We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you in San Francisco this May.