Even though Solr can run without causing any trouble for long periods of time, it is very important to monitor and understand what is happening in your cluster.
In the session, “Administering and Monitoring SolrCloud Clusters” by Rafal Kuć, Consultant and Software Engineer at Sematext Group, you will learn how to use various tools to monitor how Solr is behaving at a high level, but also on Lucene, JVM, and operating system level. You’ll see how to react to what you see and how to make changes to configuration, index structure, and shards layout using Solr API. Rafal will also discuss different performance metrics to which you ought to pay extra attention. Finally, you’ll learn what to do when things go awry – he will share a few examples of troubleshooting and then dissect what was wrong and what had to be done to make things work again.
This introductory level session will take place from 2:00-2:45 on Wednesday, November 6. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Rafal Kuć is the author of Apache Solr Cookbook series and ElasticSearch Server books, and co-founder of the http://solr.pl blog where he shares his knowledge. Currently working as Search Consultant and Software Engineer at Sematext Group, Inc., Rafal focuses mainly on Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, and Mahout.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.