Faceted search is a powerful technique to let users easily navigate the search results. It can also be used to develop rich user interfaces, which give an analyst quick insights about the documents space.
In the Lucene/Solr Revolution session, “Faceted Search with Lucene,” Shai Erera, Researcher at IBM, will introduce the Facets module: how to use it, under-the-hood details, optimizations, and best practices. He will also describe advanced faceted search capabilities with Lucene Facets.
This intermediate level session will take place from 11:55-12:40 on Thursday, November 7. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Shai Erera is a Researcher at the IBM Research Lab in Haifa, Israel. Shai earned his M.Sc in Computer Science from the University of Haifa in 2007. Shai’s work experience includes the development of several search solutions (embedded and large-scale) over Lucene and he is also a Lucene/Solr committer.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.