At Lucene/Solr Revolution in Dublin, Mikhail Khludnev, Principal Engineer at Grid Dynamics, will present the deep-dive session, “Lucene Search Essentials: Scorers, Collectors, and Custom Queries.” His team is building a next generation eCommerce search platform for a major an online retailer with challenging business requirements. Turns out, the default Lucene toolbox doesn’t ideally fit for those challenges. Thus, the team had to hack deep into the Lucene core to achieve their goals. They accumulated a deep understanding of Lucene search internals and want to share their experience.
Mikhail will start his presentation with an API overview, and then look at essential search algorithms and their implementations in Lucene. Finally, he will review a few cases of query customization, pitfalls, and common performance problems.
This intermediate level session will take place from 10:35-11:50 on Thursday, November 7. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Mikhail Khludnev works for Grid Dynamics, a Silicon Valley company building eCommerce platform solutions and engineering services for tier-1 eCommerce companies. He plays the technical lead role on the eCommerce Search team, paying close attention to core search algorithms, system design, and performance. Mikhail has made contributions to the Lucene codebase and has spoken at Lucene conferences for the last three years.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.