The Lucene/Solr Revolution session, “Sidecar Index – Solr Components for Parallel Index Management,” by Andrzej Bialecki at Lucidworks, presents a set of Solr components for easy management of “sidecar indexes” – indexes that extend the main index with additional stored and/or indexed fields. Conceptually this can be viewed as an extension of the ExternalFileField or as a static join between documents from two collections. This functionality is useful in applications that require very different update regimes for the two parts of the index (e.g. main catalogue items combined with clickthroughs).
This intermediate level session will take place from 2:00-2:45 on Wednesday, November 6. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Andrzej Bialecki, an Apache Lucene PMC Member, is a committer in the Lucene/Solr, Nutch, and Hadoop projects. He has broad expertise, across domains as diverse as information retrieval, systems architecture, embedded systems, networking and business process/e-commerce modeling. He’s also the author of the popular Luke index inspection utility. Andrzej holds a master’s degree in Electronics from Warsaw Technical University.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: email@example.com.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.