While Solr and Lucene were originally written for full-text search, they are capable and increasingly used for Analytics, as Key Value Stores, NoSQL databases, and more.
In this Lucene/Solr Revolution session Otis Gospodnetić, President of Sematext, will describe their experience with Solr for Analytics. More specifically, he will describe a couple of different approaches they have taken with SolrCloud for aggregation of massive amounts of performance metrics. He’ll share their findings, and compare SolrCloud with HBase for large-scale, write-intensive aggregations. He’ll also review several new Solr features that are in the works that will make Solr even more suitable for Analytics workloads.
This introductory level session will take place from 11:05-11:50 on Wednesday, November 6. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Otis Gospodnetić (@otisg) is a co-author of Lucene in Action (1st and 2nd edition). He has been involved with Lucene since 2000 and Solr since 2006, and is a member of the Lucene Project Management Committee as well as the Apache Software Foundation. Otis is the founder and President of Sematext Group, Inc. Sematext provides consulting and commercial support for Solr, ElasticSearch and runs SPM – the leading Solr, ElasticSearch, and Hadoop monitoring service, along with a Search Analytics and Logsene Analytics services.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: email@example.com.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.