This session by Erik Hatcher, Senior Solutions Architect at Lucidworks, will introduce and demonstrate several techniques for enhancing the search experience by augmenting documents during indexing.
First he will survey the analysis components available in Solr, and then he’ll delve into using Solr’s update processing pipeline to modify documents on the way in. The session will build on Erik’s “Poor Man’s Entity Extraction” blog post.
This intermediate level session will take place from 11:55-12:40 on Wednesday, November 6. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Erik Hatcher (@ErikHatcher) is the co-author of the books, Lucene in Action and Java Development with Ant. Erik has been an active member of the Lucene community, a leading Lucene/Solr committer, member of the Lucene/Solr Project Management Committee, member of the Apache Software Foundation, as well as a frequent invited speaker at various industry events. He earned his B.S. in Computer Science from University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA. Erik currently works for Lucidworks as a Senior Solutions Architect.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.