If you want to search in a multilingual environment with high-quality language-specific word-normalization, if you want to handle mixed-language documents, if you want to add phonetic search for names, if you need a semantic search that distinguishes between a search for the color “brown” and a person with the second name “brown”… in all of these cases you have to deal with different types of terms.
During this session at Lucene/Solr Revolution, Christoph Goller, Chief Scientist at IntraFind Software, will demonstrate why it makes much more sense to attach types (prefixes) to Lucene terms instead of relying on different fields or even different indexes for different kinds of terms. Furthermore, he will show how queries to such a typed index look and why e.g., SpanQueries are needed to correctly treat compound words and phrases, or realize a reasonable phonetic search. The Analyzers and the QueryParser described are available as plugins for Lucene, Solr, and ElasticSearch.
This intermediate level session will take place from 11:55-12:40 on Wednesday, November 6. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Christoph Goller (@SearchDE) has 15 years of experience in the search industry. He has a Ph.D in computer science from the Technical University of Munich where he worked on several research projects on artificial intelligence, machine learning, and neural networks. His main interests are scalable information retrieval, search-based applications, and text analytics. Since 2002 he has been Chief Scientist of Intrafind Software AG, a German company specializing in full-text search and text mining based on Lucene, Solr, and ElasticSearch. Christoph has been an Apache Lucene Committer since 2004. He has accompanied dozens of commercial projects using Lucene and Solr.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: email@example.com.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.