Although people usually come to Lucene and related solutions in order to make data searchable, they often realize that it can do much more for them. Indeed, its ability to handle high loads of complex queries makes Lucene a perfect fit for analytics applications and, for some use-cases, even a credible replacement for a primary data-store. It is important to understand the design decisions behind Lucene in order to better understand the problems it can solve and the problems it cannot solve.
During the session, “What is in a Lucene Index?,” Adrien Grand, Software Engineer at ElasticSearch, will explain the design decisions behind Lucene, and give insights into how Lucene stores data on disk and how it differs from traditional databases. Finally, there will be highlights of recent and future changes in Lucene index file formats.
This advanced level session will take place from 2:45-3:30 on Thursday, November 7. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.
Contact us today to learn how Lucidworks can help your team create powerful search and discovery applications for your customers and employees.