Everyone is looking for something, and integrating search with your online commerce and store can help them find it. But there’s a huge difference between plugging in a search box and ringing the cash register to optimize for revenue with your most profitable customers. Done right, you can match a complex, rich product offering with the subtle wants of each of your customers – and have them singing your praises. With over 600,000 SKUs across 1.5 million songs from over a thousand publishers, Sheetmusicplus.com has a broad, deep diverse and multifaceted product offering, and a range of customers from newbies to experts.
Join Brian Doll, Search Architect for e-commerce at category-leading Sheetmusicplus.com, and Lucid co-founder and Lucene/Solr PMC Chair Grant Ingersoll, for a practical in-depth workshop on developing and implementing search strategies specifically for e-commerce sites with Solr, the Lucene search server.
* The key features of Solr you need to understand for successful e-commerce implementation
* Understanding your traffic, your data and your customers
* Search patterns that deliver revenue and profit (and avoid wasting your time)
- Grant Ingersoll, co-founder of Lucid Imagination, is a published expert in search and Natural Language Processing, with many articles published on Lucene, Solr, findability, relevance, and is co-founder of the Apache Mahout machine learning project. Grant’s the author of the forthcoming book “Taming Text”, from Manning publications.
- Brian Doll is search architect for Sheetmusicplus.com, the leading online site for musicians of all levels. Brian’s background includes stints at Wells Fargo, Restoration Hardware, and LVMH/Louis Vitton, with more than twelve years of experience in the development of software in finance, retail, eCommerce, and media sectors.