Solr’s feature set is growing at a brisk pace, while its performance and stability improve steadily with each release. The most recent Solr releases, 4.7 and 4.8, bring a substantial set of new features, along with many bugfixes and optimizations.
This webinar will briefly cover earlier Solr 4.X releases, then the major changes and new features in Solr 4.7 and 4.8, and finally upcoming changes and features in Solr 4.9 and beyond.
The Solr 4.7 and 4.8 features to be covered include:
- SolrCloud Collections API improvements
- Asynchronous execution of long-running administrative commands
- Efficient deep paging
- Document expiration and TTL
- Dynamic synonym and stopword lists
- SSL support in SolrCloud
- Building Solr indexes with Hadoop’s MapReduce
Date: June 12, 2014
Time: 10:00am Pacific Time
Featured Presenter: Steve Rowe