“That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet” … Shakespeare wrote this famous line in the play Romeo and Juliet obviously as a statement that the names of things do not matter, only what things are – or what matters is what something is, not what it is called.
Well I gotta disagree with old Willy on this one, which is why Lucid Imagination has changed our name to Lucidworks. Now why, you might ask, would a small start up company (who many people probably never heard of) go to the trouble of changing its name? Well there are quite a few reasons actually:
- First and foremost you want your name to make a statement based on the promise of what you are delivering to the market
- Second, it needs to be easily found on the web.
- Third, it needs to be easy to remember and easy to translate into other languages
- Fourth it should fit comfortably into multiple formats (business cards, banners, collateral, etc)
- Finally it should align with your product suite so that when developing the company brand you communicate one clear message
We believe Lucidworks accomplishes all of these. Our promise is that our world leading technology, the Lucidworks Product Suite, based on the most popular open source enterprise search technology, Apache Lucene/Solr, is ready for business and it WORKS.
Our Lucidworks Product Suite quite simply is:
Simple. Powerful. Flexible. Dynamic. Accessible. Focused.
And it provides our customers with the best enterprise search and big data solutions money can buy.
So what’s in a name….POWER
Have a nice day