Apache Solr 6 Is Released! Here’s What’s New:
Happy Friday – Apache Solr 6 just released!
From the official announcement:
“Solr 6.0.0 is available for immediate download at: http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
“See the CHANGES.txt
“Solr 6.0 Release Highlights:
- Improved defaults for “Similarity” used in Solr, in order to provide better default experience for new users.
- Improved “Similarity” defaults for users upgrading: DefaultSimilarityFactory has been removed, implicit default Similarity has been changed to SchemaSimilarityFactory, and SchemaSimilarityFactory has been modified to use BM25Similarity as the default for field types that do not explicitly declare a Similarity.
- Deprecated GET methods for schema are now accessible through the bulk API. The output has less details and is not backward compatible.
- Users should set useDocValuesAsStored=”false” to preserve sort order on multi-valued fields that have both stored=”true” and docValues=”true”.
- Read the full list of highlights
Want a walk-through of what’s new? Here’s Cassandra Target’s webinar:
Contact us today to learn how Lucidworks can help your team create powerful search and discovery applications for your customers and employees.