Industry’s Most Comprehensive Destination for All Things Apache Lucene/Solr Now Available
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — LucidWorks, the trusted name in Search, Discovery and Analytics, today launched SearchHub.org, a new online resource dedicated to the advancement, education and growth of the Apache Lucene/Solr community. SearchHub.org will enable developers to easily connect, collaborate and create the next generation of applications powered by Apache Lucene/Solr open source search. The site hosts a collection of Lucene/Solr instructional materials and delivers search results from multiple sources across Apache and non-Apache resources, making it an ideal destination for everyone who wants to learn more about Apache Lucene/Solr.
Until now, thousands of Apache Lucene/Solr developers have had to post questions and search for relevant content at multiple websites in order to attain comprehensive material on a particular topic. SearchHub.org streamlines that multi-step process and speeds innovation by conducting Apache Lucene/Solr-related searches across Apache project and community boundaries, such as the Apache Foundation site, Apache Lucene/Solr List-Serve, Apache Wiki page, and numerous other sources. For the first time, developers have one-stop access to a combination of rich technical content, documentation, case studies, videos, podcasts, and community-focused interactive tools, all in one place.
“Tired of wandering through the jungle that is the Apache Lucene/Solr wiki? SearchHub provides users of Lucene/Solr the one stop place to engage in the community, via blog posts, meetups, and reference materials – including great content from past Lucene Revolution conferences.”
– Eric Pugh, Principal and Solr Practice Lead, Open Source Connections
“Finding all of the relevant information about a given Lucene/Solr topic using the Apache website can take a fair amount of time. Further, it offers only the information that is available on the Apache site itself. SearchHub provides access to a broader set of Lucene/Solr information (Apache website, Lucene/Solr committers, Lucene Revolution and LucidWorks) and presents it in an organized and logical manner.”
– Steve Rowe, LucidWorks product development, Apache Lucene/Solr Committer and Lucene PMC chair
Tweet This: LucidWorks Advances #Lucene #Solr Search with Launch of SearchHub.org
- Share your feedback, ideas and helpful content. Register here to join SearchHub.org.
- Join some of the smartest minds in enterprise search at Lucene Revolution, the world’s largest open source search event. Sponsored by LucidWorks, the event brings together developers and thought leaders to shape the future of Lucene/Solr as a driver of business value. Visit http://www.lucenerevolution.org/ to register or learn more
- Watch the future of search unfold on the LucidWorks blog
- Follow LucidWorks on Twitter @LucidWorks and Facebook
- Learn how leading companies are benefiting from LucidWorks in these Lucene Revolution videos and presentations
About LucidWorks (Formerly Lucid Imagination)
LucidWorks is the only company that delivers enterprise-grade search development platforms built on the power of Apache Lucene/Solr open source search. Out of the 37 Core Committers to the Apache Lucene/Solr project, eight individuals work for LucidWorks, making the company the largest supporter of open source search in the industry. Customers include AT&T, Sears, Ford, Verizon, Cisco, Zappos, Raytheon, The Guardian, The Smithsonian Institution, Salesforce.com, The Motley Fool, Qualcomm, Taser, eHarmony and many other household names around the world. LucidWorks’ investors include Shasta Ventures, Granite Ventures, Walden International and In-Q-Tel. Learn more about the company at lucidworks.com.