Fusion Server Foundations 4.1
Fusion Server Foundations is an introductory course to the Lucidworks’ Fusion search platform. It begins by outlining the basic principles of Search, it then examines how those principles operate in Fusion. Topics include ingestion, indexing, querying, and all of the above in the context of multi-node topologies. By understanding the full extent of the platform’s distributed capabilities, you will be able to construct and optimize sophisticated search and data-driven applications. This course also provides comprehensive hands-on lab exercises to help solidify the learning objectives.
- DevOps / Search App System Administrator
- Search Project Manager
- Data Scientist
- Data Architect
- Search Developer
- Front-End Developer
Who Should Attend?
This course is the starting point for everyone looking to learn anything about Fusion. Anyone working with a Search platform or business users who are working on or considering a Fusion-based solution implementation will benefit from this course.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, however, basic experience with Linux OS and command-line tools is helpful.
Skills and Concepts That You Will Learn
- Understand how Search Applications Work
- Survey the Features of a Search Application
- Understand Fusion’s Role in Your Data Ecosystem
- Understand Fusion Architecture and Services
- Hands-On Review of the Fusion Platform
- Learn How to Build a Basic Search Application in Fusion
- Understand the Document Ingest and Indexing Process
- Learn How to Transform Documents for Best Index Performance
- Understand How Fusion Performs Queries
- Understand the Relevance and Scoring of Document Results
- Learn Advanced Query Syntax to Optimize Search Results
- Understand the Components and Services of the Multi-Node Fusion Topology
- Build a Multi-Node Fusion Topology for Distributed Processing
- What is Search?
- Introduction to the Fusion Ecosystem
- Review of the Fusion Architecture and Services
- Indexing Concepts
- Ingestion Basics
- Query Concepts
- Review of the Fusion Query Language
- Deploying a Multi-Node Fusion Environment