Today we’re releasing the new Drupal Fusion connector. The connector uses native JSON API extensions from Drupal to allow ingestion of content, and let the user control which content gets indexed. After the data has been indexed into Fusion, data science algorithms can be applied to optimize searches.
Fusion out-of-the-box machine learning and AI capabilities enable:
- AI-Driven Relevancy and Recommendations: Use AI algorithms to control search relevancy and recommendations based on existing user’s signals
- Fine Tuned Control: Apply logic during indexing or query time, and curate business rules to override relevancy cases for individual searches
- Native Data Structure: Get all of the fields for entity types created in search automatically.
The new Drupal Fusion connector is built on Fusion 5. Together with Drupal 8 Datasource connector, Fusion 5 customers can quickly index content from a Drupal 8&9 website into Lucidworks Fusion. The module will expose a new route, /fusion which will display the filtered data in JSON:API format. The default /jsonapi route will continue to work as expected without being affected by the new module.
The current features of the Fusion connector module are:
- Enable and disable resources
- Disable fields
- Disable entities for a language
- Disable a specific entity for a specific language
- Disable entities for a use role (if it already has the access content permission)
The Fusion connector side is built on the latest Fusion connector SDK.