The juris portal provides access to legal information (about 6.5 mil documents) and information about German companies (about 23 mil documents). Access is highly personalized: search, links, and search suggestions are customized according to the documents contained in a user’s product collection. There are many search options, the system stability and reliability have to be high and there are DVD versions of subsets of the complete collection.
The Lucene/Solr Revolution session, “Moving a Complex Application from Using Verity and Oracle to Using Solr,” by Christine Rüb, Senior Project Manager at Juris, describes how the juris portal moved from using Verity and Oracle to using Solr, which decisions they made, which architecture they chose, how they handle indexing, and what results they achieved in areas like performance, hardware resources, and stability.
This introductory level session will take place from 1:55-2:40 on Thursday, November 7. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Christine Rüb studied computer science at Universität des Saarlandes and received a PhD there. After spending several years as a researcher at the Max Planck Institut für Informatik in Saarbrücken, she joined Juris GmbH. There she has held several positions, the current one being project manager and internal consultant.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: email@example.com.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.
Contact us today to learn how Lucidworks can help your team create powerful search and discovery applications for your customers and employees.