Besides the quality of results, the time that it takes from the submission of a query to the display of results is of utmost importance to user satisfaction. Within search engine implementations such as Apache Lucene, significant development efforts are hence directed towards reducing query latency.
In this deep-dive session called, “Query Latency Optimization with Lucene,” Stefan Pohl, Senior Research Engineer at HERE, a Nokia Business, will explain reasons for high query latencies and describe general approaches and recent developments within Lucene to counter them. To make the presented material relevant to a wider audience, he will focus on the actual query processing, as this is at the core of every query and search use-case.
This intermediate level session will take place from 10:35-11:50 on Thursday, November 7. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Stefan Pohl (@pohlstefan) is a senior research engineer, currently working on Geocoding as part of Nokia’s HERE Location Platform. In the past, he has been working on several search-related projects in industry and academia, and his interests include big data science, machine learning and information retrieval. He authored several publications and completed a PhD on biomedical text search at the University of Melbourne, Australia.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.