The session, “Use Case Diagnosis – When is Solr Really the Best Tool?,” by Michael Hausenblas, Chief Data Engineer at MapR, will present an overview of common big data use cases in the form of a set of questions that can be used to determine what kind of problem you really have. From the answers to these questions, you can quickly find out about what technologies are likely to be most productive, useful, and easy to apply. This analysis will also allow you to discern cases where Solr is not a good fit, but where augmentation with other big data systems like HBase leads to feasible architectures. Conversely, you will see cases where Solr can be the hero by filling the gaps where big data systems alone are destined to fail.
This introductory level session will take place from 2:45-3:30 on Thursday, November 7. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Michael Hausenblas (@mhausenblas) works at MapR EMEA in the role of Chief Data Engineer, where he helps people to tap the potential of big data. His background is in large-scale data integration research and development, advocacy and standardisation. He has experience with NoSQL databases and the Hadoop ecosystem. Michael contributes to Apache Drill, a distributed system for interactive analysis of large-scale datasets.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.
Contact us today to learn how Lucidworks can help your team create powerful search and discovery applications for your customers and employees.