The Solr 4 reference guide is now live in the Lucidworks and SearchHub Documentation Center.
New topics covered include:
- Major changes from Solr 3 to Solr 4: Important things to consider before migrating your configurations and indexes.
- SolrCloud: Everything you need to know to set up a highly available, fault tolerant cluster of Solr servers.
The Reference Guide still includes the basics of getting started and best practices for optimizing your Solr instance:
- Getting Started: Installing Solr and getting it running for the first time.
- Using the Solr Admin Web Interface: How to use the built-in UI.
- Documents, Fields, and Schema Design: Designing the index for optimal retrieval.
- Understanding Analyzers, Tokenizers, and Filters: Setting up Solr to handle your content.
- Indexing and Basic Data Operations: Indexing your content.
- Searching: Ways to improve the search experience for your users.
- The Well Configured Solr Instance: Optimal settings to keep the system running smoothly.
- Managing Solr: Web containers, logging and backups.
- Scaling and Distribution: Best practices for increasing system capacity.
- Client APIs: Clients that can be used to provide search interfaces for users.
PDFs of this and older versions are also available here.