The Solr 4 reference guide is now live in the Lucidworks and SearchHub Documentation Center.
New topics covered include:
- Major changes from Solr 3 to Solr 4: Important things to consider before migrating your configurations and indexes.
- SolrCloud: Everything you need to know to set up a highly available, fault tolerant cluster of Solr servers.
The Reference Guide still includes the basics of getting started and best practices for optimizing your Solr instance:
- Getting Started: Installing Solr and getting it running for the first time.
- Using the Solr Admin Web Interface: How to use the built-in UI.
- Documents, Fields, and Schema Design: Designing the index for optimal retrieval.
- Understanding Analyzers, Tokenizers, and Filters: Setting up Solr to handle your content.
- Indexing and Basic Data Operations: Indexing your content.
- Searching: Ways to improve the search experience for your users.
- The Well Configured Solr Instance: Optimal settings to keep the system running smoothly.
- Managing Solr: Web containers, logging and backups.
- Scaling and Distribution: Best practices for increasing system capacity.
- Client APIs: Clients that can be used to provide search interfaces for users.
PDFs of this and older versions are also available here.
Contact us today to learn how Lucidworks can help your team create powerful search and discovery applications for your customers and employees.