During the session, “The First Class Integration of Solr with Hadoop,” Apache Lucene/Solr Committer, Mark Miller talks about how Solr has been integrated into the Hadoop ecosystem to provide full text search at “Big Data” scale. This talk will give an overview of how Cloudera has tackled integrating Solr into the Hadoop ecosystem and highlights some of the design decisions and future plans. Learn how Solr is getting ‘cozy’ with Hadoop, which contributions are going to what project, and how you can take advantage of these integrations to use Solr efficiently at “Big Data” scale. Learn how you can run Solr directly on HDFS, build indexes with Map/Reduce, load Solr via Flume in ‘Near Realtime,’ and much more.
This intermediate level session will take place from 2:45-3:30 on Thursday, November 7. Click here for more details.
About the Speaker:
Mark Miller (@heismark) is a Lucene/Solr Committer and PMC member as well as an Apache member. After starting with Lucene in 2006, Mark has spent most of his time getting paid to work on the open source software projects that he loves. Mark has given many talks on Lucene/Solr at various conferences and meetups around the world. Mark has focused on helping to build SolrCloud over the past few years and is currently learning all about Hadoop as a software engineer at Cloudera.
- For more information about Lucene/Solr Revolution EU, visit lucenerevolution.org.
- For more Road to Revolution posts, click here.
- To view the full session agenda, click here.
- To register for the conference, click here.
- To get the latest conference news and updates, follow @LuceneSolrRev on Twitter.
- Do you have a question about the conference? Do you want to be added to the conference mailing list? Are you interested in sponsoring Revolution? If so, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lucene/Solr Revolution is presented by Lucidworks, the commercial entity for Apache Lucene/Solr open source search — the future of search technology.