Open Source Enterprise Search Leader Enables Businesses to Quickly Uncover Insights Hidden within NoSQL Semi-structured Data
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 18, 2013 – With the rise of big data has come the development of modern technologies capable of storing massive and growing amounts of multi-structured data. Hadoop and, increasingly, NoSQL databases, have emerged as widely adopted platforms for wrangling the semi-structured nature of big data into contained and organized formats. Unlike traditional relational databases that impose flat, rigid schemas across entire tables, NoSQL database systems are useful when working with large quantities of semi-structured data.
LucidWorks, the company transforming the way people access information, today announced the integration between LucidWorks Search and MongoDB. The combined solution brings search and analysis capabilities to MongoDB so organizations can easily search their MongoDB NoSQL database to discover actionable insights within the reams of semi-structured data. Together, LucidWorks and MongoDB extend the existing security and scalability benefits that LucidWorks Search brings to enterprises, driving innovation and enabling more ways to search and analyze big data.
LucidWorks Search is the development platform that accelerates and simplifies building highly secure, scalable and cost-effective search-based applications. The platform provides deep insights into both the data and the way users interact with that data.
LucidWorks Search Capabilities
- Broad-based content acquisition Built-in support for the MongoDB NoSQL database, Apache Hadoop Distributed File system, Intel Hadoop Distribution and MapR, along with SharePoint and traditional online content types speeds access to big data and enterprise content. An open connector framework is available to customize access to other data sources.
- Streamlined search configuration, optimization and operations: Well-organized UI makes Apache Lucene/Solr innovation easier to consume and more adaptable to constant change. Individuals do not need to be an Apache Lucene/Solr expert before using LucidWorks.
- Enterprise-grade, business critical manageability Well-instrumented for infrastructure administration, monitoring and reporting allows the search application to thrive within an organization’s operational environment.
- Versatile access and data security Flexible and resilient security guarantees connecting search to the right data and content without concern over privacy.
MongoDB is a scalable, high-performance, open source NoSQL database that allows schemas to vary across documents and to change quickly as applications evolve, while still providing the functionality developers expect from relational databases. The technology has emerged as the NoSQL database of choice, with more than 3.8 million downloads.
LucidWorks Search and MongoDB Combined Solution Highlights
- Supports a pre-defined MongoDB target data source within LucidWorks Search. LucidWorks connects directly with a growing number of unstructured and semi-structured data stores to provide seamless connectivity, making it possible for companies to easily search data stored in modern databases.
- Enables users to create and configure the MongoDB data source directly from the LucidWorks Search administration console.
- Leverages enterprise security and management features offered by both MongoDB and LucidWorks Search to drive innovation through searching and analyzing big data.
“Our mission is to help companies quickly and effectively innovate by transforming the way they access and analyze the massive amounts of unstructured data they are accumulating. LucidWorks Search speeds that time to discovery by making it easy for any business user, not just heavily trained data scientists, to dig through unstructured content in MongoDB and apply analytics to uncover new insights.”
- Grant Ingersoll, CTO and Co-founder, LucidWorks
- Watch the future of search unfold on the LucidWorks blog
- Read the latest information and views about Apache Lucene/Solr at www.SearchHub.org
- Learn about Big Data, share best practices, and hone your competitive edge at www.bigdatacentral.lucidworks.com
- Follow LucidWorks on Twitter @LucidWorks and Facebook
- Learn how leading companies are benefiting from LucidWorks in these Lucene Revolution videos and presentations
LucidWorks transforms the way people access information to enable data-driven decisions. LucidWorks is the only company that delivers enterprise-grade search development platforms built on the power of Apache Lucene/Solr open source search. Employing one quarter of the Core Committers to the Apache Lucene/Solr project, Lucidworks is the largest supporter of open source search in the industry. LucidWorks Search delivers unmatched scalability to billions of documents, with sub-second query and faceting response time. LucidWorks Big Data tightly integrates key Apache projects needed to build and deploy applications requiring access to multi-structured data. Customers include AT&T, ADP, Sears, Ford, Verizon, Cisco, Zappos, Raytheon, The Guardian, The Smithsonian Institution, The Motley Fool, Qualcomm, Taser, eHarmony and many other household names around the world. LucidWorks’ investors include Shasta Ventures, Granite Ventures, Walden International and In-Q-Tel. Learn more about the company at lucidworks.com.
LucidWorks, LucidWorks Search and LucidWorks Big Data are registered trademarks of LucidWorks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.