Add-ons Contributed by LucidWorks and Partners Available for Free Download for a Limited Time
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Sept. 23, 2013 — LucidWorks, the company transforming the way people access information, today announced the Solr Marketplace, the industry’s first marketplace for pre-built application add-ons that make it easier for organizations to integrate open source enterprise search capabilities into existing applications. The Solr apps and add-ons, contributed by LucidWorks and its partners, allow Solr developers to extend the capabilities of their applications with ready to use and easy to deploy modules, apps and connectors. LucidWorks and its partners have already contributed 35 app add-ons to the marketplace. For a limited time, most of the app add-ons in the Solr Marketplace are available for a free download. LucidWorks partners currently contributing add-ons to the Marketplace include Avalon Consulting, Basis Technology, Deep Web Technologies, Documill, Lexalytics, Raritan Technologies, Raytion, Search Technologies, Sematext, Smartlogic, and Wand.
Gartner puts the compound annual growth rate of the enterprise search market from 2007 to 2013 at 11.7%. It estimates that the market was worth $1.69 billion in 2012 and that this figure will grow to $1.89 billion in 2013.* Solr, the popular open source enterprise search platform from the Apache Lucene™ project, is leveraged by thousands of firms, trusted by some of the world’s most well known companies including ADP, eBay, Netflix, Sears, Verizon, Zappos, and countless others. Lucene/Solr promises powerful full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, near real-time indexing, dynamic clustering, database integration, rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling, and geospatial search.
“Search is a critical pillar to transform disparate data into actions and insights,” said Will Hayes, chief product officer at LucidWorks. “Without it, companies and users can gain access to only a small portion of their data, and only at a very high cost. LucidWorks puts the illuminating power of enterprise search into everyone’s hands, enabling access and insights that used to be the domain of highly trained experts. For years we have worked with developers across the globe helping them build the best possible search experience for their customers. With the help of our worldwide partner community, we’re democratizing the magic of search with the LucidWorks Solr Marketplace.”
With the LucidWorks Solr Marketplace, Solr developers have immediate access to enrichment, discovery and analytics add-ons that can be added to Solr applications without any coding. Within minutes, developers can implement new ways to quickly and easily uncover insights previously hidden in multi-structured data. LucidWorks currently offers four app add-ons on the LucidWorks Marketplace. These capabilities are also available in the latest version of LucidWorks Search.
- LucidWorks Entity Recognition: Enhance search applications beyond simple keyword search by adding intelligence through metadata. Help classify common patterns from unstructured data/content into predefined categories. Examples include names of persons, organizations, locations, expressions of time, quantities, monetary values, percentages, etc.
- LucidWorks Relevancy Workbench: Experiment with different search parameters to understand the impact on search results. Includes intuitive, color-coded, and side-by-side comparisons of results for different sets of parameters to facilitate tuning of applications for desired results.
- LucidWorks Business Rules: Out-of-the-box integration with Drools, the popular open source business rules engine. Write complex rules using declarative syntax with very little programming. Includes pre-built samples to jumpstart developers for index and query time use cases. Included landing page component provides the ability to dynamically route queries to different pages based on context and user profile—a must-have for eCommerce use cases.
- Splunk for LucidWorks Search: Monitor LucidWorks Search deployments near real-time or look at historical monitoring data stored inside the Splunk index.
Partner add-ons cover a wide range of applications that help transform data into insights, such as common data store connectors, natural language processing, discovery and analytics connectors and site crawlers. All of the add-ons are ready to use and easy to deploy, making it easier to get data into Solr, and extend its capabilities. Additional app add-ons created by LucidWorks partners will be available for download in the coming weeks.
Any organization that partners with LucidWorks can make their vetted app add-ons available for sale and download on the LucidWorks Marketplace. LucidWorks partner companies gain access to the LucidWorks and Solr ecosystem and LucidWorks’ deep bench of search and big data experts, along with joint marketing and training opportunities.
- Learn more about LucidWorks’ enterprise-grade search development platforms at these industry events
- Join industry leaders at the next #LuceneSolrRev conference in Dublin, Ireland. Follow @LuceneSolrRev to find session content and get updates on the event, or visit http://lucenerevolution.org/
- Join the search conversation on Twitter @LucidWorks, Facebook, and Google+
- Watch the future of search unfold on the LucidWorks Blog
- Read the latest information and views about Apache Lucene/Solr at http://www.SearchHub.org
*Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Search by Whit Andrews, Hanns Koehler-Kruener, April 25, 2013
LucidWorks transforms the way people access information to enable data-driven decisions. LucidWorks is the only company that delivers enterprise-grade search development platforms built on the power of Apache Lucene/Solr open source search. Employing one quarter of the Core Committers to the Apache Lucene/Solr project, LucidWorks is the largest supporter of open source search in the industry. LucidWorks Search delivers unmatched scalability to billions of documents, with sub-second query and faceting response time. LucidWorks Big Data tightly integrates key Apache projects needed to build and deploy applications requiring access to multi-structured data. Customers include AT&T, ADP, Sears, Ford, Verizon, Cisco, Zappos, Raytheon, The Guardian, The Smithsonian Institution, The Motley Fool, Qualcomm, Taser, eHarmony and many other household names around the world. LucidWorks’ investors include Shasta Ventures, Granite Ventures, Walden International and In-Q-Tel. Learn more about the company at http://www.lucidworkscopy.wpengine.com/.
LucidWorks and Lucene/Solr Revolution are registered trademarks of LucidWorks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.