LucidWorks Search™ selected for availability on Windows Azure as Search-as-a-Service provider for rapidly deploying scalable cloud search applications
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – June 07, 2012 Ease of use and flexibility are two key business drivers that are fueling the rapid adoption of cloud computing. The ability to disconnect an application from its supporting architecture provides a new level of business agility that has never before been possible. To ease the move toward this new realm of computing, integrated platforms have begun to emerge that make cloud computing easier to adopt and leverage.
LucidWorks [formerly Lucid Imagination], the trusted name in Search, Discovery and Analytics, today announced that its LucidWorks Search product has been selected by Microsoft Corp. to be offered as a Search-as-a-Service product in Microsoft’s Windows Azure Marketplace. LucidWorks Search is a full cloud service version of its LucidWorks Search. LucidWorks Search delivers full open source Apache Lucene/Solr community innovation with support and maintenance from the world’s leading experts in open source search. An extensible platform architected for developers, LucidWorks Search is the only Solr distribution that provides security, abstraction and pre-built connectors for essential enterprise data sources – along with dramatic ease of use advantages in a well-tested, integrated and documented package.
Example use cases for LucidWorks Search include Search-as-a-Service for websites, embedding search into SaaS product offerings, and prototyping and developing cloud-based search-enabled applications in general
“In line with Windows Azure’s commitment to working with open source communities and serving developers, we’re excited that LucidWorks is offering its LucidWorks Search technology in the Windows Azure Marketplace. Developers gain the benefits of Windows Azure’s openness and flexibility while providing search capabilities in their cloud applications.”
- Bill Hamilton, Director of Product Marketing, Windows Azure, at Microsoft
“The vision for LucidWorks is to provide our customers with choice by offering LucidWorks search capabilities ubiquitously across all key platforms and architectures. The opportunity to offer LucidWorks Search within the Windows Azure Marketplace allows our existing and new customers the freedom and flexibility to take advantage of the power of Windows Azure today. And since LucidWorks is built on top of the most popular and trusted open source search, Apache Lucene/Solr, we are able to broaden this opportunity to a significantly larger audience. LucidWorks is very pleased to be the first Search-as-a-Service product available within the Windows Azure Marketplace.”
- Paul Doscher, CEO, LucidWorks
Highlights of LucidWorks Search-as-a-Service
- Easy to sign-up for a plan and start building your search application in minutes
- Well-organized UI makes Apache Lucene/Solr innovation easier to consume and more adaptable to constant change
- Multiple search collections can be created and managed independently
- Configurable index and query settings, fields, stop words, synonyms for each collection
- Built-in support for Hadoop, Microsoft SharePoint and traditional online content types
- An open connector framework is available to customize access to other data sources
- REST API automates and integrates search as a service with an application
- Well-instrumented dashboard for infrastructure administration, monitoring and reporting
- Monitored 24×7 by LucidWorks Development Operations ensuring minimum downtime
How to Get LucidWorks Search for Windows Azure
LucidWorks Search helps businesses of all sizes conquer even the most daunting data and business quandaries by rapidly firing up cost-effective, flexible, and scalable search applications that help users find the information they need, when they need it. Customers can set up their Windows Azure instance and obtain LucidWorks Search-as-a-Service from the LucidWorks/LucidWorks Search webpage, the Windows Azure web site or directly from the Windows Azure Marketplace.